Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Blast to the Past

Wow. I can't believe it's been 30 years since I graduated high school! Where has time gone? I look back and I can honestly say that I have no regrets about anything, good and bad, that I've done. Life's too short for that.

I've packed my prescriptions and year book, trimmed my eyebrows and nose hairs, and getting ready to compare myself to my Class of 1982 classmates to see who aged worse than I did.


Below is a picture of my dear Mother and me back in June of 1982 (Dad, of course, was working, so couldn't make the picture, but was at graduation).


And here is a Californian tradition. Back in 1982, I attended Grad Nite at Disneyland. I insisted in dressing in a tux: white dinner jacket and black trousers, ala James Bond.  Around 2:00-3:00 AM, it started drizzling. Let's just say the white dinner jacket wasn't all that white when I returned it to the tux rental shop.

Years later, I would be working at Disneyland and had to work Grad Nites. Just like back in 1982, it was fun at first, but by the middle of the night, you want to leave, but can't. Karma would pay me back for all my little shenanigans.

Okay. Enough reminiscing. Time to get ready to go to the airport!



No comments: