Monday, August 6, 2012

Go with the Flo's

Besides traveling, what's my favorite pastime? Why, eating of course! (And it can be argued that eating is my favorite pastime from all my Yelp posts and check-ins.)

So while checking out the new Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure, a review wouldn't be complete without talking about some food! So let's talk about Flo's V8 Cafe.


Now, because I knew we'd be having dinner in a few hours at Carthay Circle Restaurant, I didn't want to eat too much. Did I actually just type that?!?  In reality, I still am afraid of another pacreatitis flare-up, and never want to go through that again, especially during a trip to a Disney Park!

The entrance looks just like it does in the movie, complete with gas pumps. As soon as you walk through the door, you are stepping back in time with colors, sounds and smells. A friendly Cast Member hands you a menu at the door to help you decide as you wait in the queue. So many wonderful choices, and they even serve beer here. But as I stated above, this boy was going to make some healthier lunch choices, which you can do at Flo's.

Oooh! Shiny object! (Or should I say, 'Squirrel!'?)  Good thing I packed my suitcase yesterday since I'm going home tomorrow, or I would have tried to find a way to bring this necessary but fun souvenir home with me.


Okay, back to food. I opted to order the Citrus Turkey Salad, made with mixed Greens, Arugula, carrots, cucumbers and yellow peppers, tossed with a citrus tarragon dressing and served with a garlic chive roll for only $10.99. A bargain that's good for you too! In reality, as good as a burger sounds, this salad had amazing flavors and did the job of filling me up, but not too much for dinner. Seriously, try it. And if you really need to, you can get your bumper back in line and get yourself a slice of good ol' fashion pie.


To see a complete menu from Flo's V8 Cafe, click here.

No comments: