Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Fall WDCC Pieces Announced!

I'm so excited today! Enesco announced the Walt Disney Classics Collection Fall pieces!  I'm lucky (my wallet isn't) that two of my all-time favorite Disney animated features were honored with sculptures.


My favorite Disney Princess is the One Who Started It All: Snow White. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs celebrates a very important milestone this year.  To honor the 75th Anniversary, the WDCC team has recreated the “Fairytale Ending” moment where the dashing Prince sweeps Snow White into his arms after awakening her with a kiss.  The Numbered Limited Edition of 750 piece will feature both a WDCC 20th Anniversary Logo and 75th Anniversary film notation on the backstamp. Sculpted by one of my favorites, Dusty Horner, this piece debuts in September. I am lucky enough to have several of my pieces and Certificates of Authenticity (COA) signed by Dusty, including the Snow White WDCC Membership piece, "Won't You Smile For Me?" I just love that piece.


One of my top three favorite Disney animated features is Fantasia. The Summer Fairies from the “Nutcracker Suite” make their appearance, featuring three unique bronze fairies at varying heights and in different poses on elegant porcelain leaves. The Numbered Limited Edition of only 500 pieces was sculpted by another favorite artistic, Kent Melton, and will feature the WDCC 20th Anniversary Logo.

I want to wake up Febra at The Gift House so I can order these pieces by phone, but I settled on emailing her first thing this morning!

To read more about all the Fall releases, please visit the Duckman's Blog.
 

No comments: