Thursday, July 19, 2007

Plus Qu'il N'en Faut?

More than enough? (Remember, everything is in French and English up here)

Pictures that is. I figured that since this is my last night in Woodstock, Ontario (not the one with lots of pot and debauchery), I'd show you where I spent four weeks of my life with some wacky stories.

So, here we go! Let's explore Woodstock!



The Woodstock Peace Lighthouse. Yes, there's a lighthouse hundreds of kilometres away from water. It houses an original stone from the home of St. Peter in Galilee as well as a collection of ancient maps from the holy land. Imagine that!

This next one is hard to explain. Apparently, there is a senior couple who ride around town in this John Deer tractor/trailer. The husband pulls his wife along at about 10 clicks per hour (translation: super slow) on the busy streets, and because they've been doing since before time, the local authorities allow it. I wish I could have seen it in action, they are a Woodstock institution.

This is where I sent my family and some friends their post cards, eh?

Job hunting certainly is interesting up here.

It only took me three trips out here to discover a very cool totem pole on the way to my customer's office.
And finally, making calls can be entertaining. I'm using calling a Loonie, not using one.

No comments: