Sunday, July 22, 2007

Almost Paradise

This week finds me back in my home state of California, but this time I'm in Northern part. Landing in Sacramento, I actually was looking forward to my almost two-hour drive up to Chico.
While you're usually hearing about the wacky things that happen to me on my journeys, there's something about driving by yourself with the tunes cranked up, the window down, and watching the sun set across the beautiful agriculture of the Golden State.

Just outside of Yuba City, I was noticed something walking by the side of the road. As you may recall, I saw all sorts of critters when I was driving in Louisiana. However, I can safely say that Sunday evening was the first time I witnessed a peacock walking on the side of the road. Seriously.

But then again, why not? I was on my way to Paradise.

No comments: