Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July Memories

Some good friends are coming over tonight for food, drinks and to watch the fireworks from the balcony. Last night I saw a few, but being the old man that I am, I couldn't stay up to 10:30 to watch all of them. (I was up at 5:00 AM, so is that an excuse?)

But seeing the fireworks reminded me of all the fond memories I have as a kid with my family. My Mom and Dad would take my sister and me to parks, Disneyland, and even this cool firework show I had to see a couple of years in Long Beach, because they had special displays with Planet of the Apes and Star Wars themes. And we're talking the original shows here folks.

Some of my favorite shows either had themes like described above, or, as many of you will agree, to have moving music set to the show like at any Disney theme park. To this day, if I ever see a 4th of July display (or the 3rd of July for the parts for which I could stay awake), I always hear the Disney American Medley music in my head (for once the voices stop talking). It makes me say, "This is my country...God Bless America!"

So what does all this have to do with Jessica Rabbit? Absolutely nothing, but don't you just love her? She fabulous!

No comments: