Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy 51st Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Today marks my dear parents' 51st anniversary. When I think about their history of immigrating from Indonesia to the Netherlands and then to the United States, it amazes me. Then to raise my sister and me in a country foreign to their own and having to put us with their two 'darling' children...well, to say they are saints is an understatement.

After we went to church today, I took them to the newly opened Bonefish Grill. I've been to locations in Atlanta and Orlando, so I know how good the food tastes.


But today, the service was over-the-top excellent. Amy, our server, caught on that I said it was my parents' anniversary. She congratulated them and served us crab cakes, calamari, shrimp and scallops, and Chilean sea bass.

At the end of our meal, the restaurant manager came by with a lovely surprise for my parents, courtesy of the chef.


My parents were just plain thrilled with the chocolate covered strawberries! (As you can tell. That is a smile for Dad!)


So to my two wonderful parents. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you made for me, and for being the best parents anyone could have hoped or asked for. I truly am blessed!!!


No comments: