Monday, October 1, 2012

Anniversary Weekend

This weekend, I flew out to Colorado to celebrate my Dad's 77th birthday and my parent's 51st anniversary.  It's also another anniversary. On Monday, October 1st, EPCOT will be celebrating its 30th anniversary.  It's wonderful to see Walt's dream come alive and how much it's changed.

The first time I went to EPCOT was in 1986 with a bunch of friends. I was hooked from the moment we arrived, and it remains my favorite Park at Walt Disney World.


Besides everything that World Showcase has to offer, two of the best things to come out of EPCOT are Figment at The Journey Into Imagination pavilion and Kitchen Kabaret at The Land pavilion. If you don't know I'm a huge Figment fan, just check out this earlier blog post. Who couldn't love Figment?


Now if you mention Bonnie Appetite, Mr. Dairy Goods, The Cereal Sisters, Hamm and Eggz, the Colander Combo and the Fiesta Fruit to any fan, they will probably start singing some songs. The one that you will probably hear most often is 'Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit'.

Courtesy of http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/kk.htm
Tucked away in my storage unit are some plush toys of the Fiesta Fruit, ceramics of Mr. Dairy Goods and the Cereal Sisters, an apron, pot holder, the above place mat and various post cards. I wish they had done more! (And if Walt Disney Classics Collection is reading this, we must see them in WDCC!) Need proof of the apron? Check out this photo of me back in the '80's! That's back when I had hair and was thinner. I miss the '80's.


So Happy 30th to EPCOT and he's to many, many more years!

The Disney Store blog has a nice little tribute, so be sure to check it out here.


And that's just part of the proof from my shopping extravaganza on that trip.


No comments: