Saturday, September 29, 2012

Anniversaries Abound: 'Fairytale Ending' is Just the Beginning

Why the big grin? Well, I just stopped in to one of the best collectible shops around, the family-run business called 'The Gift House' in Lakewood, Colorado.  If you want to read my glowing review on Yelp, click here.


Febra is one of my main suppliers of my Walt Disney Classics Collection obsession. Her parents, Clyde and Fay, told my parents and me on our last visit to them a few months ago about a local Chinese restaurant and market, and we were hooked. So when I asked my folks if they wanted to go to Denver with me, it was a no-brainer. I was going to take them to lunch at that Chinese restaurant, but my sister made me change our plans. (You can read about our lunch at Tucanos Brazilian Grill on Yelp too)

But I digress. The reason for this visit was not only to pick up one of my layaway WDCC pieces, but I wanted to get Mom a Bambi and Thumper piece for her collection. Dad, well, he wandered off to buy a loaf of bread from Lenny's Sub Shop (don't ask).

Febra knew how much I really wanted to see the new WDCC Fantasia Fairies, so she brought out the box and piece for me to see. Wow is it gorgeous! But I didn't want to carry that fragile piece on the plane with me, so I opted for my other "must have" (of the moment!) piece: Snow White and the Prince.

 

Again, this piece was much larger and more solid than I expected, but this piece really captures so much of the emotion I feel when I see that part of the animated feature. This piece was made in honor of the 75th anniversary of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. So in 2012, I was able to go to the Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney's California Adventure and pick up this beautiful piece. Like how I tied that together?


And while I didn't really care what number I got, Febra gave me #138 out of 750. And 138 is close to 1937, which is the year 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' debuted. Okay, that's a bit of a stretch.

But the piece comes with two special backstamps: one for the 75th anniversary and one for the 20th anniversary of the Walt Disney Classics Collection. And tomorrow is my parents' 51st anniversary, so it's anniversary weekend! (Now I'm really out of control!)
To read more about this piece as well as seeing additional angles, check out my friend, The Duckman's Blog, at Snow White and Prince "Fairytale Ending".

No comments: