Monday, August 26, 2013

Disney Infinity Power Discs

First, I told you I'd drive you nuts with my latest obsession. Let me just put it out there.

I was speaking with a couple of friends, Matthew and Sharon, about the Disney Infinity Power Discs, and I didn't know where to keep my list of extras and the ones I still need, so I thought I'd just create a living post about it so I know where to find it and others can see what I have and need.


First, I found a site on Google+ called I Heart Disney Infinity, and they have a site where you can trade your extra Power Discs listed by country. I put mine out there and still have to hear back from anyone. First come, first served!

As of September 3, 2013


These Are My Extras:

Fix it Felix\'s Repair Power (1)
Cinderella's Coach (1)
Mickey\'s Car (1)
Sugar Rush Sky (2) (1)
Alice's Wonderland (1)
Tulgey Wood (6) (5)
Marlin\'s Reef (1)
Nemo\'s Seascape (1)

I Still Need These:

C.H.R.O.M.E\'s Armor Shield
Pieces of Eight
King Candy\'s Dessert Toppings
Rapunzel\'s Kingdom
Rapunzel\'s Birthday Sky
Rare Discs 1 - Buzz Lightyear\'s Astro Blaster Vehicle
Rare Discs 2 - Dumbo Flying Elephant Ride
Rare Disc 3 - Abu as an Elephant

Now some of you know that there are ten exclusive Power Discs available only through Toys R Us.  The site below says EB Games carries them as well, but I don't think so in the US. I keep checking. I think that is only for international markets. 

I Still Need These:

Tron Animated Power Circle
Tron Animated Power Hexagon
Stitch Surfing Power Hexagon
Merlin's Magic Power Hexagon
Zurg Power Circle
Peter Pan + Jolly Roger Power Hexagon
Tron Animated Power Hexagon 2
Mike's Car Power Hexagon - Add Mikes Car to Toy Box 
Mc Millan Target Power Circle
Scrooge McDuck and Lucky Dime Power Circle 


To get a better look at them and read more about these exclusive discs, you can check out the unofficial Disney site at DisneyInfinityFans.com

Keep in mind that these are just Series 1 discs! More are on their way. In fact, if you go to the last link I posted, you'll see pictures of Frankenweenie, Jack Skellington and Disney Tram power discs.

I'll be updating this post frequently. If you are looking for any power discs to trade, please feel free to contact me.

 *Best Tip of the Year!

I just read this in an article by Sebastian Haley.

Find out what discs are inside the random packages

It’s not bad enough that the in-game unlocks are random, but the $5-a-pop Power Disc Packs sold in stores are also randomized. You won’t know what you get until you open them, and even then many players are reporting a substantial number of doubles (ie., getting what you already had instead of what you actually wanted).

There’s a way around this, but only if you can access the game before leaving the store (such as a demo kiosk). The Disney Infinity base can read discs even while they’re in the package! So lay the pack down on the base on one side to reveal the identity of the first disc, and then flip it over to reveal the second. (Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?!?)

[Note: I tried this today at Target and it didn't work. I'm going to try a few other places. They may have figured this out and make the packaging different so you can't cheat. You can still scratch the discs to see if you can feel grooves, and know you have a holographic disc.]

Oh, another helpful thing I picked up was the Disney Infinity Prima Guide. I found mine at Toys R Us, but you can order it online, too.




No comments: