Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Obsession Continues: Tron Disney Infinity Power Disc

If you've been reading my recent posts, you'll know about my latest obsession: Disney Infinity.

There are a couple of things I wanted to share with you. First, thanks to my Google Alerts, I stumbled across a new blog for me that I am now following: Jim Valeri Design (and I've added that to my blog roll on the right).

Take a look at his August 23, 2013 post. Someone elsewhere posted that Jim's designs really could be used for Disney Infinity. Can you imaging that Play Set? That would be awesome! Think of all the characters and locations that could be added!

Below is a mash-up of two of my favorite Muppets and designs Jim posted on his website. I hope we get to see these in a future release!


Looking at other posts on Jim's blog, I see other familiar works of his, including Disney Store catalog covers and even some merchandise (hoodie) I've purchased. Be sure to check out the July 26, 2013 entry as well if you want a laugh.

Moving on to some solid Disney Infinity news. Any true science fiction fan will tell you Tron is one of the best and underrated sci-fi movies around. It took almost 30 years to spin off a sequel, as well as an animated series. Based on the animated series, Disney Infinity is introducing two exclusive Power Discs based on Tron.

The first will be released this weekend on Saturday, September 7, 2013 at an exclusive Toys R Us event from 12:00 - 2:00 PM. 

The new Tron themed User Control Power Disc will only be available from Toys R Us and works in conjunction with other power discs to grant the character a 10% boost. This means you have to do less to gain the same reward and you will upgrade more quickly.


For the record, I will not be standing in line the night before. I'm not that obsessed! (Some will beg to differ).

No comments: