Monday, December 1, 2014

UPS: Utterly Poor Service

My packages from Walt Disney World have started arriving. I had my Christmas ornaments sent to work because I figured they were light and could transport them easily home.

Today the box arrived via UPS. Here's what the outside of the box looked like when it dropped off in my office.



Apparently those orange "Fragile" stickers mean nothing to UPS. Call me crazy, but if you have a box that size that only weighs six pounds, you'd say to yourself, "Gee. Maybe I shouldn't use this box as a base for all the other packages in my truck."

After I opened the box and removed the packaging, this is what I found inside.


I continued to pull out each box, my anger increasing at what I would find inside.


I couldn't even open this one from the bottom.






After spending over $130 on Christmas ornaments, I was about to see how many arrived broken, or should I say how many made it unscathed.

To my shock and disbelief, not one ornament was broken! Even Snow White and Merida kept all their parts.


But really, that's not the point. The point is thankfully the Disney Cast Member(s) wrapped and packed the box well for travel. It even stood up to the monkeys at UPS who mishandled the box. Shame on them for their poor customer (lack-of) service!

No comments: