Friday, March 20, 2015

Tahuwai La A Tahuwai Wai La


If you've been to Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, then you know those words as the flowers sing before the Hawaiian War Chant.

Not only have I always loved the Enchanted Tiki Room, but I've always love tiki-themed anything. There's something nostalgic, magical and fun. I look to work done by Kevin Kidney, Jody Daily, and Shag. And of course, they all have done some great work with Disney as well.

Anyone who has met me knows I'm as comfortable in a suit and tie as I am in a t-shirt and shorts. Of course my preference is casual wear, and Hawaiian shirts have always been part of my wardrobe since I was a kid, with Dad and me sporting matching 'Primo' shirts in Hawaii. (Complete with white belt and shoes. It was the 1970's after all!)

So when The Disney Blog announced a preview of the new Polynesian Village Resort merchandise, I was thrilled! Of course, two shirts caught my eye.


You can't go wrong with a fun Mickey Hawaiian shirt. Heck, it even has Dole Whip on it!!!

But the shirt that really caught my eye is the Trader Sam's Grog Grotto shirt.


It totally would work with my Enchanted Tiki Room shirt, don't you think? My sunglasses, too.


To see more of the new Polynesian merchandise coming in 2015, click here. And now, everyone sing along with me!

Tahuwai la a tahuwai wai la, Ehu hene la a pili koo lua la, Pututui lua ite toe la, Hanu lipo ita paalai. Au we ta hua la. Au we ta hua la.

No comments: