Thursday, January 8, 2015

Grand Jester Studios - January, 2015 Introductions

Just announced are the January, 2015 introductions of the new Grand Jester Studios pieces. As usual, there are several 'must-haves' that I 'need'. Let me start of with the crown jewel of the set: Mulan. I just love her in this outfit and that they used the stone dragon as the base.


The details always amazes me. While not the quality of the Walt Disney Classics Collection (nothing ever will be again since that's the gold standard), it's still pretty good and a great value.


The next piece that I just love is Stitch.


He's spot on, and I think what does it for me is the Hawaiian shirt as well as the base. 

The next piece will accompany my Jiminy and Pinocchio very well, and that is the Blue Fairy.


Look at the detail in her face! And as I keep saying, the bases they make are as great as the subject matter itself. Actually, it is part of the subject matter. I bet they debated using the 'Official Conscience' badge as a base for the Jiminy piece, but the book was a brilliant base, too.

This next piece would probably appeal to our resident Duckman. That is if he collects Grand Jester Studios. Need I mention the awesome base again?


 Finally, I believe this is a first for GJS. They are offering a set! But really, you can't just do Lock, Shock or Barrel by themselves, can you? Looks like I have to go back and pick up Sally and Jack now! Hope they do Oogie Boogie. 


I hesitate to put this in print, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention there's one more piece: Olaf. However, I am not an Olaf fan. I know. It's sacrilege even saying that I didn't care all that much for Frozen. I'm probably the only one in the entire world who feels that way. But to see Olaf and pricing for these pieces, please click here.  These pieces will be released in May, 2015.

No comments: