Monday, April 8, 2013

Farewell, Pineapple Princess

What a bittersweet day. I was happy to order the Monty Maldovan Mickey and His Pal Figment print. (I'm on the wait list for the giclee. They only made 90 and had five at the event this weekend.)

But then some sad news that's been a long time coming: Annette Funicello passed away today. I have loved Annette since childhood like so many other kids and adults who fell in love with her on the Mickey Mouse Club.

There are so many fond memories Annette has given us over the years. In 2003, I was lucky to have seen and had my picture taken with Annette's contribution to the InspEARations - 75 Years of Mickey at Disneyland.

Always My Angel Mickey by Annette
 On the way home from work today, I listened to Annette's CDs and while there are many songs that make us think about America's Girl Next Door, I think this song is appropriate to sum up Annette.


I've had this picture of Annette for years on my desk. Tonight there are a couple of candles burning in her honor. You will always have a special place in my heart for all the joy you've given me. Say hello to Uncle Walt for me tonight.




No comments: