Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dining Out For Life

Dining Out For Life is an annual dining fundraising event raising money for AIDS service organizations nationally. 180+ participating restaurants in the Twin Cities have agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds to The Aliveness Project and Rural AIDS Action Network.

Last year's Dining Out for Life raised over $215,000 in donations from restaurants, sponsors and individual diners, and I'm happy to say that I've been eating my way in support for years.

It's difficult to make reservations for our typical group of Friday night friends, so I made reservations at Pittsburgh Blue with a smaller group of friends. So we did our part by ordering drinks, appetizers, and meals. I ordered the prime rib and wasn't disappointed.


Of course I had to commemorate our evening with a photo opp, and my friend, Chris, said it looks like he photo bombed our picture. I think it's because of my fat head. Notice the sticker Dani's wearing? They give those out to diners each year.


Usually I keep almost everything, but since my company supports the state and local governments, everyone around the office is proud to show they vote. I show that support, as well as that I eat. Wish I kept some of those other stickers so that this would be more impressive, but it does make people laugh when they see this.


To find out more about Dining For Life and how you can support it next year in your area, click here.

No comments: