Wednesday, December 19, 2012

White (Before) Christmas

Wow. It's happened again. A huge snowstorm hits just as I have to drive from Colorado Springs to fly out of Denver.

I can't even tell you how many spin outs, accidents, and rollovers I saw. It took two hours to drive up, which was double the time. It's hard to see in this picture, but the blowing snow made it as bad to drive as the icy roads.


Now I know I'm going to catch some grief for this, especially for driving in blizzard conditions, but this gives a quick look at how bad it was driving through the snow. If you crank up your volume, you may here Josh Groban in the background. No, he was not in the car with me. Well, indirectly he was. (Open with iTunes otherwise it's sideways)



I am so thankful to have made it safely. There are some nutters out there who should not be driving.

After that nightmare of a drive, I guess I didn't mind the madness that I had at Delta and TSA. After all, it is less thank a week until Christmas. I'm bummed there's no Santa here like last year.

Oh well. I'm at my gate, but my plane isn't. Hopefully the two delays we currently have won't turn into three or more.

No comments: