Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Highway (Or Skyway?) Robbery

So get this. I had to book my CEO's and my tickets to New Orleans, or NOLA, for a trade show at the end of June. I've been keeping an eye on the prices, and they've been high. Well today, the prices dropped to something pretty reasonable.

I started looking for flights for my CEO, and he decided instead of coming in on Sunday, he'd fly in with me on Saturday. Oh the joy I felt. [That was sarcasm in case you missed it] His flight changed from $355 to around $500.

Having booked his flight, I was working on my own. He kept interrupting me about some stuff, so about 10-15 minutes later, I go to work on my flight. Take a look at how much it had jumped up. Yep, that's right. That says $1,004! Are you kidding me?!?!?

I had to do some creative booking, so without direct flights, I got my airfare to around $550. That's just insane!

Memo to me: The next time you're booking flights, close the door to your office. It can save you $500. And that's even without Geico.

No comments: