Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hailing Frequencies Open, Captain

Having taken the day off from work today and being a huge Star Trek fan, I decided I'd go see the new movie after I had finished my chores at home.

I love going to the movies by myself. I can sit where I want, leave after the credits, and really enjoy the experience. This time would be a little different. Some parents brought a baby to the movies. Really? If it were a kid's movie, I'd understand a little bit. But a newborn?

The theatre wasn't crowded, but it wasn't empty either. There were plenty of seats for personal space. So when a guy decided to sit right next to me, I thought it strange.

Then a pungent odor of smoke hit my nostrils. It wasn't pleasant. i was feeling more uncomfortable. But thankfully, the movie was beginning. Wait. What was this clown next to me doing? He pulled out his cell phone! That's it. I got up and moved down my row. He actually gave me a look like he was offended!

My sister and some other friends told me to cut some slack to the parents who brought the baby. The baby didn't bother me as much as the smokey smelly cell phone guy. Dude, start running. Phasers set to stun.



Oh, about that picture. The next day I took a "Which classic Star Trek Character Are You?" quiz on Facebook. I wound up being Uhura. Guess that quiz knows I like to talk a lot, but I told everyone no more walking around the office with my cordless headset. So that's me being sassy.

No comments: