Monday, April 28, 2014

Change Is Good...Unless It's Snake Oil

I received an email from Frontier Airlines today. I've used it on a couple of occasions when flying out to Denver when Delta's prices seemed high.

In this email, CEO David Siegel touts the great news about change being good and when "it goes back into your pocket." If you've traveled in the past few years, you've become accustomed to the airlines hocking their wares and trying to upsell everything from priority seating to WiFi and more.

Frontier Airlines has a new way to gouge you: to charge you for using the overhead bin space. Really? I can live without the peanuts and drinks, and it's bad enough to have to pay for stowing your baggage, but now you have to pay for what you bring on?

I shouldn't complain too loudly, as I'm the one who gets frustrated when people try to bring everything they own on board and cram it into that little tiny space. I've been flying to and from Denver once a month, and I've just been bringing my backpack. It's been helpful, but now, if I chose to fly Frontier ever again, it will keep my change "in my pocket."

Below is the letter I received as well as a link to where you can see this online.

Click here to view this letter online.


No comments: