Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh I Just Can't Wait...

You've probably gathered by the title of my website and blog that I'm a big Lion King fan. If you didn't know, well, Hakuna Matata!

Anyway, for many years at the WDAC Conventions, I always put down that I'd like to see a piece from the "I Can't Wait To Be King" sequence of The Lion King. While Patrick Romandy-Simmons did a good job of the Simba, Nala and Zazu scene, it wasn't really the piece I had envisioned.

So when they announced the 2009 Spring Event Piece was Simba, I was thrilled to say the least. This was more along the lines of what I wanted, and leave it to Bruce Lau to truly capture the spirit of this playful scene in the movie.




And if the big wheels at WDCC are still reading, first, a great big thank you for continuing to do pieces from The Lion King (and Fantasia!), and secondly, I would really love to see either the scene with Simba and Nala on the ostriches, or the big finale of the animal pyramid. That would probably have to be a Signature Series piece!
To read more about the Little King, Big Roar Event this weekend, visit the Duckman's site:

No comments: