Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break 2013

What a road trip! I flew into Las Vegas, drove to Palm Springs for a couple of days, and then drove out to Anaheim, before driving back to Las Vegas to catch a red eye.  Of course it was worth it! 

Here are some of the trip's highlights.

What trip could be finer than by starting and ending with In-N-Out Burgers? This one is near the Rio off of Dean Martin Drive. They got more of my money than the slots did!


These next two shots are in Palm Springs. It was great seeing such pretty flowers again, so I'm hopeful Spring will return soon. As for Marilyn, I was lucky to see her last year in Chicago, and now I was able to visit her again here in the desert.


In my opinion, the Crab Cooker has some of the best clam chowder around. I waited as long to have this as I did to have my Double Double again, but it was so worth it. I love that they catch their fish fresh daily. You can tell the difference.


 Did you really think I would be able to go to California without visiting my Laughin' Place? No trip to California is complete without visiting The Happiest Place on Earth. Not only was I able to see a few friends, but I also squeezed in a couple of character visits to see my big, cuddly friends. And I got some Dole Whip to boot!


I'd rather pay for a good meal than gamble, but when I found two different Star Wars slot machines at the Las Vegas airport while waiting for my 1:00 AM flight, I had to indulge. While the Force was with me in winning $20.00, I really lost $10.00. And that was totally acceptable as $10.00 is usually my limit.






Because I was going to do a lot of driving, I wanted to make sure I caught some rays. I paid the price by burning my head. I guess I have to admit I need to start wearing a hat to protect my melon.











To view the entire photo album, please click here.

No comments: