Friday, October 17, 2008


It's our busy season, but at least this trip to Chicago would be close to home and only for a few days. Little did I realize that it would be a trip filled with a bit of drama.

After the cab ride from, well, you know (Actually it was from O'Hare to McCormick Place that took over an hour), I had to set up my booth before the deadline of 5:00 PM. I made it just in time.

I got back to the hotel and decided it was time for me to head over to one of my favorite Sushi restaurants: Ra Sushi Bar and Restaurant. I'm sure I've mentioned it before.

Sadly, while the food was yummy, the service was quite lacking this time. What is it with customer service (or lack thereof) these days? Okay, I won't go off on a tangent.

In my haste to make my flight and because I was distracted several times before packing up at work, I forgot my power cord for my laptop. How was I going to demo our software without any power? Trust me, an applicant tracking system does not lend itself well for an interpretive dance.

After running around Chicago, literally, I was out of luck. Nothing would work with my Dell. In the morning, I went to the Expo Hall and asked around, and a lady happened to have an extra power cord. She saved my hide, and demos!

Still toting Flat Stanley around for my niece, I figured he was as happy as I was to be able to plug in my laptop and my projector.

Needless to say, after that adventure, I needed a treat. So that night, I headed to another favorite restaurant, Su Casa. A favorite because, while I'm not fond of Tequila, they make some of the best Margaritas. So I had a small Paloma Margarita. I was barely fit to walk back to the Residence Inn! What a light-weight!

As much as I love Chicago, I was happy to see this trip end. Only because I knew what was in store for me next week in San Diego at the mother of all trade shows for us. Little did I know what an adventure that one would turn out to be. But that's a tale for another post.

So, one last picture of Chi-Town with two buddies at Midway Airport, Flat Stanley, and a bunch of passengers looking at me as if I were mad.

No comments: