Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gumbo, Jambalaya, and Crawfish Etouffee

As in, that's just some of what my customer had me eat with my hands. Not only that, but I had to eat alligator and try food and drinks from which they had eaten and drank.

My friends and family will tell you that I just don't do that. Let alone with strangers.

I will admit that the food was good, but what wacky business trips did I have in Louisiana. There were even two alligators in the bayou near where we worked!

But the thing that troubled me the most was that most of the dishes I was having to eat contained some of the animals I enjoyed at America Sings or Splash Mountain in Critter Country.
I had to set aside the fact that I used to watch these critters sing, and now I was eating them. And I saw just about any kind of road kill you can imagine. Gators, deer, armadillos, raccoons, birds, skunk, and the biggest buzzards I'd seen in a long time cleaning up the mess. But sometimes I'd see people stopping to "collect" road kill. That's the polite way of saying they were picking up supper.


Sorry, y'all!

No comments: