Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's a Work of (He)Art Part Deux

As promised, I am showcasing a few more pieces of my Disney production art. You can refer to my April 17, 2013 post which started all this, as well as going way back to 2007 to see a giclee done by Andreas Deja.

These first two pieces are some favorites. It's the White Rabbit and Alice with their croquet mallets. They were part of a TV commercial, and unfortunately I wasn't able to acquire the Queen of Hearts that completes the set.




With recent Disney animated features, it's getting more difficult to find production and/or animated art. That's why I jumped at the chance to pick up Prince Naveen from The Princess and the Frog.
Many of you know that The Lion King is one of my top favorite Disney (and non-Disney) movies of all time. While Timon is my favorite character, I certainly can relate to his warthog friend, Pumbaa. Which is why I had to pick up this piece where you can see Pumbaa singing his line, "When I was a young warthog!" from Hakuna Matata.






Disney fans know Orville and his brother Wilbur from The Rescuers movies. I really love that movie.

Some don't know that due to the success of those movies, Orville had a brief stint at a Disneyland Attraction.


Debuting July 4, 1984, "All Because Man Wanted to Fly" was preshow film with Orville at the Circle-Vision Attraction. That was the same year I hired in at Disneyland, which is another reason why this particular piece is special to me.

To see the 8-minute preshow film, click here. This scene from which this production art occurs around the 7-minute mark.

Don't worry. I have a lot more art to showcase! You know how those Disney fanatics are with their collections!

No comments: