Friday, May 17, 2013

Quiet Before The Storm

Well, it was only a light sprinkle if we're taking about the weather.

I was on my way to the airport to meet up with a friend before he boarded his flight. The train to the terminal was empty, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Not sure if I'll be able to see Stark Trek: Into Darkness this weekend, it gave me an opportunity to pretend I was on a shuttlecraft. (Yeah, that's how my mind works.)


When I arrived at the terminal, I was surprised at how empty the airport was on a Friday afternoon. Usually it packed with business dudes trying to get back home after a week of business on the road. I remember those days.


I was able to meet up with my friend, and while we didn't have a lot of time to catch up, I was happy his trip through TSA took a matter of minutes, and he was lucky to be leaving out of the F Concourse.

That left me to head back to catch the Lightrail to the Mall of America and head home. As I was waiting for the train, I noticed a sign that reminded me of something that was rolled out, pun intended, this week. For years we've only had one Lightrail line, but as construction on the second line finishes up, MetroTransit is training us to call the 'old' line the Blue Line. Hopefully people won't confuse the Blue and Green lines. They should have gone with red.



No comments: