Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Star Cards

Back in 2005 (was it really that long ago in a galaxy far, far away...), I was traveling a lot for business. That was also the year that Burger King reunited with LucasFilm and the Star Wars franchise one last time to promote Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. One of the offerings was a series of six limited edition gift cards, one honoring each movie.


These are lenticular cards, so they didn't scan well. 
  • The Episode II card shows Yoda in one view and Count Dooku fighting Yoda in the other.
  • The Episode V card shows Han Solo in one view and Boba Fett in the other.
  • The Episode VI card shows Slave Leia in one view and Jabba the Hutt in the other.
I wish I had picked up the other three cards, but at least I still have these three.



As history repeats itself, kind of, for the first time in Star Wars Weekends history, Disney Gift Cards will be offering four unique Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Card designs!


Each week during Star Wars Weekends a new design will become available:

Weekend 1: Skywalker Mickey, May 17
Weekend 2: Darth Donald, May 24
Weekend 3: Yoda Stitch, May 31
Weekend 4: Darth Goofy, June 7


As an added bonus, there's a hidden Mickey on each card! Click on that picture above, because I tried to make it as large as I could to spot any, but I haven't found them (yet). I hope that I will be able to get them all. To read more about the gift cards, click here

UPDATE:
So the morning of the 18th, I was updating this post with scanned pictures of my BK Star Wars gift cards. On a whim, I checked eBay, and someone was selling all six gift cards! I noticed a new feature on eBay that lets you know someone is watching the item, so I exercised my right to Buy It Now. Thanks to me working on this post, my collection is now complete. Now to get those Star Wars Weekends gift cards!

 

No comments: