Monday, June 17, 2013

An Easy Cel

Oops. I did it again.

Two years ago, the Art of Disney Parks released a new Ink and Paint Cel that commemorated Walt Disney World’s 40th anniversary. Key to the Kingdom captures the essence of wonder and excitement that comprised the magical kingdom since it opened its gates on October 1, 1971.


The talented Ink & Paint team hand painted Mickey Mouse and Pluto onto each Key to the Kingdom cel, comprised of 1500 cels. An exclusively designed pin was created to commemorate the release of the new cel, the pin was available with the first 750 orders placed for a framed cel only. So guess who got one set?

The Disney Design Group Artist, who signed the postcard that was framed with the cel, consisted of Costa Alavezos and Ink & Paint Artists, James Bonserio, Erin Magill, Theodora M. DeLaney, David Rippberger, Lynn Rippberger, Sharon K. Vincent. I have this hanging in my office at work.


Well, this Saturday, the Art of Disney Parks is releasing this year's masterpiece, Hollywood and Dine cel.  This piece features Minnie, Mickey and a hand painted Goofy as they celebrate the golden age of Hollywood at the iconic Hollywood Brown Derby located inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios. For me, this was another must-have. In fact, I just got off the phone with Walt Disney Event Service and I've purchased mine!

I don't have a list of the artists who will be signing the postcard, but I'll post that as soon as I receive my cel. But this is what the pin looks like that will be framed with the art.


Since I've already ordered my piece, I'm happy to share the information with you to order yours. You know what it's like when you only have a limited number of pieces and so many collectors! To view more information on this piece or to order your own, visit Disney Parks Merchandise.

No comments: