Friday, February 17, 2017

Driftless

I travel often to Wisconsin Dells for work. It's not one of my favorite places, but a necessary evil. A few years ago, a couple coworkers of mine introduced me to Driftless Glen Distillery in Baraboo, WI. It's about 15 miles from the Dells, and oh so worth the drive!

Situated along the Baraboo River, Driftless Glen Distillery not only sells their concoctions they brew, or rather distill, but they have an amazing kitchen. Try the Jambalaya or flatbreads.


As for the spirits, I love the Skinny Lemon and Skinny Cucumber Vodkas. They are refreshing. Then my coworker told me about the S’mores Flavored Rivershine. She drizzles it over vanilla ice cream. I thought that sounded weird. But when I tried it, wow! I did more than drizzle it!

And as if that isn't enough, they also carry ReneƩ Olive Oils and Balsamics. I came home with three bottles of different olive oils. Two of my favorites are the Baklouti Green Chili Oil and the Dark Toasted Sesame Oil. That last one is great with chicken.

So if you're ever near Wisconsin Dells or Lake Delton, make sure you allow some extra time to visit Driftless Glen in Baraboo. Just follow the street signs.
 

Click here to view the Driftless Glen website. You must be over 21 to enter!

No comments: