Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Star Wars and the Power of Costume

One of my good friends decided to surprise me and treated me to a day that will live on in Galactic history. We went to see the Star Wars and the Power of Costume exhibit at the Denver Art Museum (DAM). It was brilliant! I've gone to other Star Wars exhibits in the past, but there were so many costumes I hadn't seen as well as behind the scenes stories and artwork. It truly was an amazing day.


The collection spanned costumes from Episode I all the way through Episode VI.





We learned about symbols representing Auerbesh and Naboo languages, and saw the different types of fabrics that were used to make the elaborate costumes. They even had some beloved and recognizable characters on display. (Not me).






It's one of those exhibits where you can go many times and see something new every time. I sure I can see it again! If you have the chance, add this to you bucket list you must. Yes, mmmm!



To learn more details about the exhibit, click here.

No comments: