Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fire in the Hole

Last night, I got up around 12:30 AM to potty, and when I looked out the window only to see fire trucks. I got myself dressed, went downstairs and outside, only to see the entire street filled with all sorts of emergency vehicles! There were at least 20 of them up and down the street. People were standing around everywhere and while I couldn't see any flames, I sure smelled smoke.

In the morning on the way to the bus stop, I could see the front lawn of my condo covered in ash. There were more cars parked in the street than usual, and then I noticed people sleeping in their cars. My bus stop is just outside of this apartment unit, and on the news, we found out this fire burned at least two or three units, and 100 people were evacuated. Below are pictures of the burned out units.



No comments: